Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Zendala Diva Challenge


I LOVED this challenge! I really enjoy doing Zendalas and Erin over at the Bright Owl has come up with many wonderful templates to work with. This is one of my all time favorite templates. I love templates that give me a focus but still leave lots of room for me to play with them.

I started with one of my colored tiles and used a brown Micron for all the tangles. I used a terra cotta colored pencil for the shading and a white charcoal pencil for the highlights.  

The tangles used include, Cirquital, Paradox, and Flux.


Here is the colored tile before I started tangling. You can see the light pencil lines where I traced the template on using my light box. I wanted to show you this 'before' picture because I want you to see that even those tiles that seem to have a problem - like this big water bloom in the upper right section - can become beautiful finished tiles! So remember the 'no mistakes' mantra and tangle on!

20 comments:

  1. What a gentle zendala! I liked how you whiten portions of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this zendala! It has great movement and flow. The colors are wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the shading you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. I don't have any words! Speechless!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I LOVE to use self colored paper. Great that you show the one without tangling. The zendala you created is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautifully subtle piece of work, using colour to great effect. Your patterns are well chosen to mix geometric with organic. What a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! It reminds me of Summer, with it's colour and organic tangles. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your colored background, and the brown ink looks just wonderful on it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous zendala with a fine flow! Great use of Fengle and wonderful backgound colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, the paper just makes it!
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Zendala Sue, I like special the way it looks as if Rick's Paradox is walking through by Cirquital.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! Such rich colour! I love that you showed the before and after too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color of the paper is really a treat. Like your tangle work. They just flow so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the color and beautiful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those have to be some my favorite colors. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.